16 March 2008

Sunday Blog


The "Caution" is from my mind/the Cowboy Junkies' The Caution Horses album. And the Easy Cheese "Indeed" is for my man Omar from HBO's The Wire. What do these two things have to do with one another? Not a whole hell of a lot. Unless you believe in synchronicity, non-locality, or the unconscious.

This weekend the family atomic and I went down to Manchester, Georgia, my hometown and in fact a magical place still, despite the Kali Yuga. "I really like this place," the Missus said whilst I flipped burgers on a grill. (We were all watching tornado winds dominate the stratosphere and wind chimes a-clanging' underneath the car port, sittin' in porch swings and lawn chairs, drinkin' wine, feelin' fine & listenin' to Leonard Cohen.) "Yeah, it's a good place. It was especially good to my childhood, even though it was hard for me to be here as a teenager," I said back to her, through the flames. "Yeah but Jesus, what place is it easy to be a teenager?" she replied. "I dunno. Europe, South America, maybe."

The "Caution" is what you should sometimes toss to the wind. The "Indeed" is for the court jester, who can make the monarch laugh and spare the peasants his whimsical wrath. My wife has the scruples of a muslim cleric and a heart that could span the cosmos...

No comments: