20 March 2008

V.E.

When I lost my job at the hospital, I had to turn in my i.d., keys, security clearance, and so on. Moments before I did, I had the idea to take a photo of my i.d., because I know that in twenty years it'll all seem like a faint dream. I might even wonder, "Did I really work at a hospital? Was it really my job to occasionally hospitalize people against their will? Did I endure the godawful bureacracy and medical politics to make a difference in peoples' lives and collect a steady paycheck?" A strange dream indeed.

By the way, if I offended Philip, Chandelle, or Scott with that last entry, forgive The Jonathan. He doesn't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard...

I made $200+ dollars yesterday by selling off some major material possessions. I also made some perfect strangers perfectly happy. At the end of the day, I used some of that bread to go buy a sorely-needed battery for my Honda scooter. I celebrated the rainy sunset with a few victory laps around the neighborhood. I then headed out way past the cornfields, passing a sad old man walking on the side of the road who looked like he'd just lost the playoffs against the Mets. Or something like that. He raised his hand gravely like a preternatural force.

Synchronicity: Day before yesterday, as I was JPEG-ing my worldly possessions, a man in Australia started an internet auction on his "life," which was basically a big package deal of all his possessions, including his home, automobile - everything. Right down to his wallet, job, and "introductions to great friends." Basically, the story is that his fiance left him waiting at the altar. So he decided to scrap his life, put all his cards back on the table, and "start anew." He picked the perfect time of year to do it, too. In fact, let me be the first to wish you a happy Ostara, a.k.a. Vernal Equinox.

At 5:48 p.m. today the sun will be positioned directly over the Earth's equator. That said, if you want to make a nice pitcher of sun tea, go ahead and, after you mix everything together, place your pitcher right on the equator. What could be easier? The equinox is here to make life easy for you...

Know what else, though? It's also World Storytelling Day. On this day, those inclined to do so will tell and listen to as many spoken stories as possible, in as many languages as possible. This year's theme? Dreams.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i can't let you go too long without comments...it's not good for the jon-dog's soul. similar to other things which we already took care of which shall not be mentioned here. oh, and super mama posted anew. and happy spring. and what shall we do to celebrate?