19 March 2008

Philip, Chandelle & Scott

If I offended anyone named Ananda with that last blog, please allow me not to apologize for the eyes in my head. Desiree is not an actual doctor, nor does he play one on t.v.

This is one of several photos I've placed in an online classifieds ad for our major physical possessions. (If we're gonna jettison our Jeep to Iowa, we gotta junk the flotsam and jetsam.)

...A man named Philip, covered in tattoos & driving an old beat-up Ford pickup just bought out washer & dryer for cash on the barrel head. Poor guy tried to bargain with me, but my Dadaistic unintentionally nonsensical skills of bewilderment won the day.
"You're asking $125 for both, right? Well, I want the washer, but not the dryer. So instead I'll take both off your hands for $100."
"Um, okay. Well, other people will pay me more for both."
"Well, I'll let you sell it to those other people then."
"Okay."
"Wha?"
"I said 'Okay'."
"Oh."
"Look, man, it sounds like you need this washer. Make me an offer."
"Uhhh..how about $75."
"Okay."
"Well, maybe I'll take both off your hands for $125."
"Okay?"
"Yeah."

And in a little while, "Chandelle" is coming to buy the beloved barstools about the same time "Scott" is coming for my big stenographer's desk. I love this!

No comments: