26 January 2008

Animal Energies

Today is Saturday and I have a "gig." Let me say, then, that I am "gigging." Under-the-table style. (Catch me if you can, Johnny Law!)

Basically, I'm getting paid to videotape a five year old's birthday party. Later, I get to edit it all together - the crowning moments, if you will, of Pin The Tail On The Donkey, the birthday song, and the piece de resistance...(drumroll)...Real, Live Pony Rides!

Already I'm thinking of cool music for the soundtrack. NWA's "F*ck The Police" comes to mind as a children's classic, as does Slayer's "Angel of Death." I dunno. We'll see. We'll see what the moment brings forth. Stan Brakhage would have wanted it that way.

This is a patch from my medicine jacket, which helps me to align/summon my animal energies. I have a feeling I'll need those energies today...The patch is actually a rarity from the world of serialized television. Remember Twin Peaks? In Season One, Special Agent Dale Cooper is inducted into the Twin Peaks secret society called "The Bookhouse Boys." Sheriff Truman then breaks my boy off with an official patch. This is an unofficial facsimile of that same patch (muchas gracias, eBay). I think the image is supposed to have something to do with protecting the world from the Forces of Evil (i.e. the Black Lodge). Up close, this patch looks pretty corny, I think. It looks better from far off. You'll hafta trust me on that, I suppose.

Anyway, that's my Saturday. That, parenting, and bottling up some nice honey ale that my man Micah helped me brew a couple of weeks ago. Micah, if you're reading this, we'll be ready to drink it in approx. 2 weeks. Dig that.

No comments: