07 January 2008

Cyclops

On this day, back in 1999, the impeachment trials of President William "Bill" Clinton were just beginning. The nation's millennial fears were gathering. And Prince was relevant, once again.

What will the next day or decade bring? No one knows. Maybe the cyclops knows. Maybe his eye can penetrate the ethers of time, telescoping and microscoping at his faintest whims. In one direction he sees the origin of vertebrate life, slither-crawling in the earliest shallow brines. In the next, hovercrafts simmering across the cosmos with blazing fanfare. Buffet meals in capsule form.

One thing I know for sure: I'm glad I ain't a cyclops.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

dude, cyclops are cannibals. that's part of the puzzle. i dreamed about cycloptic goats a couple weeks ago. then i melted through the roots of a dead fallen oak tree and into the abyss, only to emerge in my own home from 7 years ago where i faced my younger self. more as it comes to truth..