12 November 2007

Desiree's 4 a.m. Homeland Security Blues


There’s a sale on linens at the liquidation mart.
Maybe that’ll help me make a brand new start.
It’s already 4 a.m. I better get on the go.
Competition’s everywhere, falling around me like snow.

The boss lady’s trying out some new Buddhist ways.
She takes another smoke break and then gives herself a raise.
She is in a big position, and her limo driver just got fired
He failed to deliver the messages that came across the wire.

The reverend's hooked on placebos. Her girlfriend drinks cherry wine.
Probably I’ll make a move when I’m back in my right mind.
Until then it’s important to store up one’s energy
Mean changes coming down the line. I can see ‘em on the periphery.

I am on the sidewalk trying to eat a croissant
And look normal like everybody else who don’t know what they want.
Every time I try to complete a thing I always blow my fuckin’ cool
I lose everything in the last seconds is what the final analysis will conclude.

Conversations lead to complications,
I’m sick and I’m tired of negotiating,
and love ain’t a bargain, at least not if it’s really real.
That's what my good gal says anyway, but I got wounds even she can’t heal.

Well the terrorists are comin’. Better grab your gun.
That’s what the t.v. says, but I don’t own one.
That ain’t no excuse, but it might just be my salvation.
From all these cartoon characters in this fast food nation.

The television’s tied to the supermart.
They're giving away free shopping carts.
All this commotion is one big mystery.
and the CEO's the president of the Rotary.

At three o’clock I gotta meet the man.
It’s two fifty-six, and I can barely stand.
My legs are so weak I think i just might fall out.
There’a big reward for whoever will win this bout.

Lawd I’m lonely. I got plenty of kin.
Maybe track housing has finally did us all in.
maybe instead we just need to eat more vitamin C.
Everything’s deficient. Everything looks just like misery.

They're watching the border. I'm watching the clock.
Everybody's praying to their wailing rock.
Sooner or later we all gotta take what we've been giving.
Better buy some bread, better buy some brand new linens.

No comments: