16 July 2009

Are You A Modern Lover?

I've had this tape a long while now. It's the Modern Lovers' 1976 debut album Modern Lovers (actually this is a tape of the 1989 reissue). Today I listened to it after I dropped Eleanor off at her cool-ass daycare center (which is an old, old house full of bright, energetic, multi-culti kids with hip-to-what-time-it-is parents). The center's run by a guy named Tim and he's got some really good people that work there for him - all wonderful people, really.

So after I drop off Eleanor, I usually pump the kilowatts for my drive back home:

"...girls would turn the color of, uh, an avocado / when he'd drive down their street in his / El Dorado..."

Today's gonna be more Adventures In Packing. Yup. Another epic move in a series of epic moves. It occurred to me earlier today that tonight'll be the last night we spend here in our rented duplex. As I typed that just now, I was prepared to explain why that's significant. But I'm suddenly no longer convinced that it is significant. Muhammad said to "be in this world like a traveler."

Check.

No comments: