01 July 2009

Boo

When I lived in Portland, Oregon (this was about eleven years ago), I lived in an old, crumbling house with a bunch of friends. We were all young and applying ourselves, more or less, to the business of figuring out what "adulthood" means. Two of my housemates were Micah & Suzannah, and they had a prancing Catahoula named Boo. Back then, one of my favorite things was to play with Boo and get him all excited so he'd prance and tear around like a goddamn maniac. We had tons of adventures, me and this dog and Micah & Suzannah. I knew him since he was a little puppy! And when I got Stella, Boo played with her and they got along like squash and onions. So Boo was my boy...and on a Portland, Oregon spring day that we were just hanging out, being cool & enjoying, I took Boo up onto the roof of Old Crumbling and snapped this photo of him. Ol' Boo, towering above Creation! As time will always have its way, Boo left this physical plane about four days ago. So, little buddy, this one's for you. Fly on, Little Wing...

No comments: