12 July 2009

Blueberry Spies Is Good

Scads of life-giving blueberries. Janelle, Eleanor & I picked six pounds of these two days ago and have been eating them in both their natural form, as well as in the more exciting form of muffins. They say that in nature exists a cure for everything. I don't know if that's really true, but blueberries are known to ward off: free-radicals, heart disease, scurvy, colon cancer, macular degeneration, GI distress, urinary tract infections, Alzheimer's disease, colon cancer, ovarian cancer, cataracts, glaucoma, varicose veins, etc. etc. etc. And in lab experiments where rats were forced to endure experimental strokes, the rats that ate blueberries showed less brain damage than the control group - an overall scenario I find both fascinating & depressing as feck. At any rate, the point is that because of these blueberries, I can finally rest assured that I will live forever and never get sick...which is nice.

No comments: