20 July 2009

New Place/Friday's

Due to a mixup, I've been drinking decaf coffee the past three days, thinking it was half reg/half caf. Anyway, because I'm a caffeine junkie, I've been plagued with horrible headaches and body pains. "Jesus, am I really so old now that a little move destroys my body-mind?" No, but that's what I thought until this morning when it dawned on me what'd happened. Listen, I love coffee. Okay? Okay.

Yeah, so, on Friday, we moved into our new place (pictured here). My man Todd, as well as some U of Iowa brethren (Tom, Devon & Dimitri) stepped to the plate in a serious way and helped us, you know, git-rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-done. At some point during the move, my buddy Jeremiah sent me an e-mail that said (and I quote):

"Tropical juices, fresh fruit and Jacob's Creek Shiraz combine for a fruity flavor that's all grown up. We blend rich, tangy Parmigiano and Romano cheeses with spinach, artichoke hearts and sautéed onions and bell peppers. We bring the dip hot to your table, with Friday's® red and white corn tortilla chips. Juicy fire–grilled chicken breast drizzled with our Jack Daniel's® glaze and some crispy Cajun–spiced fried shrimp with dipping sauce. Our creamy mashed potatoes and veggies seal the satisfaction."

I know what he's getting at. He's saying the world's on fire and that it's okay to laugh about it when you're between artistic acts of freedom. Laughter's like majik fire, you know - we stole it from the Gods.

No comments: