19 August 2008

Dick Tracy

Me and the family atomic...LIVE! Somehow, I recently found myself in possession of a little Logitech web camera. It's been wrapped in an impervious, impenetrable urethane shield of some kind for the last couple weeks, staring out at me from the floor of our closet. But yesterday I finally plugged it in and tried "video chatting" st Skype.com for the first time.

Video-chatting: I found it to be sort of like Dick Tracy's video-wristwatch. But the cool thing about Dick Tracy was that (a) he could "video chat" anywhere, anytime and (b) it was a frickin' wristwatch. Now, that's cool. I'd need a wrist the size of a small cornfield to wear my desktop computer as a watch. Anyway, though, if you're reading this and you want to video-chat for free with the Jon-Dog, go to www.skype.com and check out the specs. We could be thick as thieves. Oh, and no. I don't work for Skype now. I'm just a guy who wants to be Dick Tracy. Sort of.

No comments: