17 December 2007

Warrior-Poets

This is a cardboard cutout of warrior-poets. I used to have a cardboard cutout of a shaman too, but he has escaped my clutches and returned to Shamanlandia. I got these warrior-poets from a buddy of mine (Ryan) and they have brought me much joy. And luck. In fact, I could start my very own Joy Luck Club. But I won't. Because I'm not a middle-aged Chinese woman. Not yet, anyway...

Ryan was with me on a nice long camping trip in Olympia, Washington several years ago, after which, on the long drive home, I prophesied that fish and chips and mugs of beer would manifest for us. That those items did manifest granted me a certain supernatural status for about twelve seconds. It was cool. I felt like Freddie Mercury must have felt.

This is a controversial topic, though, isn't it? The concept of manifestation, that is. As differentiated from precognition, which is also a controversial topic. Lo, for it is one thing to say "there will be fish and chips, as I have seen it in the cards" and quite another to say "there will be fish and chips - and mugs of beer - for I have faith that it is so."

I don't wanna get into a whole thing about faith versus non-faith. But I will tell you that, well, at least in my opinion, around 50% of the time, one can pretty well manifest whatever the hell one wants by sheer force of will. Oh, but it has to be a gentle, tempered will. One not driven by violence and aggression. It's gotta be a whimsical, deadpan serious false knowing of what will take place...which is all faith is, I reckon.

Anyway, these warrior-poets remind me that it's okay to state plainly what I want to happen, and that it ain't always an inflated ego game. It's the game of manifesting what you want, maybe of what you came here to do. In that way, I can totally see the benefit of praying for rain, deliverance, etc. Of course, it's always dicey territory to be askin' God to be on your side. I prefer, then, not to pray, but to quietly murmur to the trees and daughters and things what I hope will be so. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. No big deal. My wife has helped me to see that.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

i submit that the J-Dog's power of manifestation are true, and that he enjoyed increased status for more than 12 seconds after the fish n chips incident. indeed, i still refer to fish n chips on a monthluy basis, at the least. my good sirs, may i respectfully add that the shaman cut out will emerge when it's time, and that time just is not now?

christ, i had to prove i am a human by typing "hvckhzb" which is not easy.