14 March 2010

Woodland Viscera

Last week, on one of my walks through the woods, I happened upon...um, this. Now, I'm not sure what this is (it appears to be the vital organs of a woodland mammal), but there were a few nearby clumps of black fur as well (not pictured). It was a strange moment - me standing there above cryptic, unidentified organs in the middle of the woods, on a public foot path. Reaching for my camera, I kept looking over my shoulder, 1/2 expecting some maniac to ambush me and cut out my spleen and...I dunno, leave it there on the ice. If I was really using my head, I would've thrown down some pocket change for scale. But I"ll just tell you - that thing on the left was about the size of a compact disc. That thing on the right? About the size of a pair of fingernail clippers. If you have any ideas about what this is, please comment.

1 comment:

RED Letter Days said...

The looks like intestines to me. Ewwwww.

Todd, not Rox.