02 September 2009

Steve Willoughby


Someday I'm gonna be rich.
Someday I'm gonna be bona fide.
Someday I'm gonna be
just like Steve Willoughby,
but today I'm - simply- I'm simply terrified. I'm terrified.

Someday I'm gonna be bright.
Someday I'm gonna be smarter- smarter than smart.
Someday I'll know something
just like Larry King,
but today I - simply - I don't know where to start. I don't know where to start.

Someday I'm gonna be hot.
Someday I'm gonna be bigger, bigger than big.
Someday I'll be adored
just like Wally George,
but today I - simply - I ain't worth a fig. I ain't worth a fig.

Someday I'm gonna be good.
Someday I'm gonna be virtuous.
Someday I'll be a paragon
like Louis Farrakhan,
but today I - simply - I'm a mess. I'm in a mess.

Someday I'm gonna be cool.
Someday I'm gonna kick major major butt.
Someday I will transcend
just like Jane's Addiction,
but today I - simply - I'm in a rut. I'm in a rut.

Someday I'll get a career.
Someday I'm gonna stop wasting all my time.
Some day I'll gain a skill
just like Deborah Norville,
but today I - simply - I ain't worth a dime. I ain't worth a dime.

-Vic Chesnutt

No comments: