23 April 2009

Gorgeous George

Bright & early tomorrow morning, I'm off to Pennsylvania for the wedding of two very bright, promising young people - Ryan & Wendy. In addition to being a momentous occasion and much mirth and celebration, it will also be my first time leaving the Midwest in nearly a whole year. (Unfortunately, it's a trip I'm making sans Janelle & Ella - traveling presents difficulties - So I'm the lone wolf.)

One year in Iowa. If I was a fringe cartoonist, I'd publish a comic titled My Iowa Year and include lots of self-derisive illustrations of my half-naked, scrawny, skeletal self looking in the mirror before getting dressed and shaved for class. But I'm not, and so:

Instead of trying to summarize this year in some kind of insightful, pithy way, let me just say that I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that seemed like it was being spoken directly from Gorgeous George to me. And here it is.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

thanks for being there, guy. I'm glad you saw me through the process of "letting the cream cheese go."