21 October 2008

Actual Versus Movie Version Of Real-Life Bo

I voted (early) today. Then I came home, worked on a story, & graded some papers. At one point, my downstairs neighbor (remember - I live on the top floor of a duplex) started rutting with his girlfriend. Her shrieks of, well, delight had no problem permeating the drywall and my skull. I listened, amazed, for a couple minutes, then turned on The Pogues.

My downstairs neighbor (one of 'em anyway) is a guy named "Bo," recently discharged from the ARMY. He now wears color-coordinated hip-hop outfits and a hat forever cocked sideways. His girlfriend, name unknown, is often seen traipsing across the front lawn at odd hours of the day and night, usually in skin tight hotpants, flip-flops, and a spaghetti-strap thingie...or whatever. She looks really young, so I've nicknamed her "Jailbait."

So, yeah, Bo & Jailbait were going at it and I was blasting The Pogues and the bowl of cereal I had just eaten was sitting grim in my stomach when I remembered - for whatever reason - that Bo told me he was a sniper in the ARMY. "I could take the wings off a horsefly at 500 yards," he never said to me, but he would say if my life was not an actual human life but instead a dumb movie about a life.

No comments: