06 September 2008

10 Facts Divided By Two

This morning I woke up suddenly, my head still full of strange dreams, with Eleanor tearing out of the bedroom, shrieking, en route to solitary morning adventuredom.

This morning I woke up, already wondering how Monday was/is gonna go.

This morning we arose, broke bread briskly, then drove north, to Palisades Park, where fern gullies, ferocious mongrels, and mute Indian mounds lay in wait.

Today I woke up thinking of Flicker.

This morning I looked at Janelle and, referring to La Vida En General, said, "This ain't easy, is it?"
---------------------------------------------------

Ella runs the show.

Ella is my showboat.

Ella rants at break of day, and breaks sorrow into two even halves - tosses them both to Claudia Rankine, genius who never built a rabbit box.

Ella is her mama and me and some mystery besides.

Ella binds what's right and puts it in my gut.

No comments: