29 May 2008

Picking Kale



Today at work I picked kale. I also weeded six long rows of watermelons and did some mulching. If you want to know how to handle kale at a small organic farm, I'll tell you:

(1) First, you simply pick the kale and put it in a bushel basket.

(2) Once you've picked enough kale, you place it in the old, ceramic bathtub and let any dirt rinse off.

(3) You remove the kale and let it dry in the shade.

(4) Finally, simply put the kale in bags for sale at market.

(5) That is all!

In other news, I shaved my beard off last night. So now I basically look like I'm twelve. Just imagine that you looked like you were twelve, but had the mind of a thirty-four year old man. Well that's me right now. I could totally narc on the whole world right now. But I won't. Because I'm cool, man. I'm cool.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey i wonder why you didn't tell me about the beard. hmmm. it is because we are now, for the next six months, the same age and you need to feel as if i'm robbing the cradle? okay then. i'm glad i'm prepared for it. i love you.