18 May 2008

34/Ridiculous

Unemployed again. Today, my wife & family had a birthday party for me here at the house. My sister & cousins came, as did their parents and spouses and kids and various sundry others. Let's see...There was Laura and Jason and their three kids and Jennifer and her son and this kid "Briar," and also Ashley, Leslie, Lauren, "Jo"aquin, Lisa and...well, you get the idea. The day culminated in me char-broiling twenty-one beef patties on the grill. A little swimming, a little badminon...it was live.

And so now dusk is settling on our home. My mom is sweeping off the carport while my dad laughs into the cool air. Janelle and Eleanor are locked in a preternatural mother-daughter sleepytime two-step of some kind. And me? I'm just chilling, wishing I hadn't rented Disc 2 & 3 of the Showtime series Dexter on DVD. It's a ridiculous program, and by that I do mean "worthy of ridicule." So maybe I'll just close my eyes now and daydream...

No comments: