26 April 2008

L.L. Cool J.

"LADIES LOVE COOL JORONE." Indeed. He went for it, this guy Jorone, spraying a full sentence of graffiti, complete with subject, object, and verb, onto a Union Pacific car. If you're stuck at a R/R crossing like I was, then seeing this streak past is like a breath of fresh air. I just wish Jorone and Valerie could somehow meet...

I'm exhausted today, having worked all week, including a shift last night, then piggybacking that with El Gran Yard Sale today, and now heading to work for another night shift in another twenty minutes or thereabouts. And tomorrow I'm on, too, for a full Sunday Dinner After-Church Buffet Orgy. What a drag, this thing called work. So much time away from the things I love...for what? For cash money, hunny...

I always have time to bitch about work. Fact is, though, I'm lucky to have a job. Guess I gotta get better at appreciating the little things, and being generally thankful and all that. Than again, maybe it serves my mental health to identify and name the source of my malaise and thwarted self-realization...namely, the spirit-killing forty hour work week. While I'm at it, though, I should also name the sources that feed my soul and keep me going: Self-expression, Janelle, Eleanor, and the hope for a better tomorrow. Dig it!

No comments: