07 May 2010

More Student's Thoughts On Writing


"Coming up with something to write about & then starting to write is the most difficult part...Writing is an outlet. It's an expression of emotions...I think writing is exactly like drawing - you have to convey or imply some sort of meaning - that's the hard part...Writing to me can sometimes function as an escape. Something to channel all my thoughts & organize them into. It's not always easy, but sometimes it is - and those are the best times...Writing is a creative release. However, it cannot be forced...It's in those last moments of consciousness each day that my best ideas come...Writing means having to sit and really think about what I am going to say...Writing is: a way to express my feelings / a way to share my thoughts / a way to relax and let my mind wander / a way to create meaning in my life...writing for me is a great way to express myself...I hate writing because I think it's boring...I have fun writing, especially when I write about things that matter to me...It's quite enjoyable to just let my brain put down anything it wants to on paper...To me, any kind of creative writing is useful because it all means something...I feel that what I intend doesn't always come across on paper - the writing is as in control of me as I am of it...writing is sometimes stressful when I cannot think of a subject...writing is relaxing, a stress reliever (most of the time)...I can hide behind writing or bare it all in writing...for me, writing is a challenge...I can't always transfer my thoughts to paper...it serves as a way to express feelings and ideas that I don't want to act out...Writing is everything I think about but do not say out loud. Some of it's weird and some really weird, but it's fun to write it down and see how it turns out...Writing means more to me now than it did before...writing, to me, is beautiful...It's therapeutic...I want to find my voice / I want to find my voice...Writing helps me figure out who I am, where I stand in life, & who I want to be...When I can sit down & make up a story and define the characters' lives, that's my creative escape...It's something I really enjoy...Once I start & get a good rhythm going, everything I want to say generally finds its way onto the paper...(it's) possibly one of the best creative processes that will ever exist...Even with my love for writing, I still can't spell..."

No comments: